CARE Denmark is seeking a Regional Programme Advisor
CARE Danmark (CDK) is seeking a Regional Programme Advisor to provide strategic leadership to our development and humanitarian programmes in East Africa.
The Regional Programme Advisor is hosted by CARE Uganda in Kampala, with a regional focus on CARE Danmark East Africa programme countries, currently Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Provide strategic, programmatic and management support to the CARE Danmark portfolio in East Africa with a focus on climate change, humanitarian/nexus assistance, civil society and innovation.
- Ensure cross-programme learning and communication
- Lead the strategic development of the CDK portfolio through different funding opportunities; DEVCO & ECHO and others, and support innovative approaches to development, including non-conventional partnerships for tech and social innovations
- Ensure timely and quality reporting
- Ensure compliance with CDK strategy and requirements including M/E
- Liaise and maintain relations with the Danish Embassy, the EU delegation and other strategic partners
- Support fundraising, PR and advocacy initiatives of CDK
- Minimum qualification of a Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Seven years of working experience including five years in the development sector
- Track record of successful programme design and experience from a developing country
- Knowledge of Danida’s Strategic Partnership Agreements including requirements for results monitoring and reporting
- Substantial knowledge about civil society, climate change and humanitarian/nexus assistance
- Knowledge of how to work with open innovation in a development context, including with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills and ability to engage proactively with project teams
- NGO and East Africa experience an advantage
An attractive position based in Kampala, Uganda. Substantial travel in the region is to be expected. The employee will have access to a portable computer, printer and office space in CARE Uganda. The contract will be for a 2-year period with the possibility for extension subject to negotiations.
Please see Terms of Reference here.
For other questions regarding the position, please contact CARE Danmark’s East Africa Desk Officer in Copenhagen Morten Fauerby Thomsen at telephone +45 35 200 100. Please apply on-line via this link.
Deadline for applications is 4 March 2019. Interviews are expected to be held in the period from 11 March to 24 March 2019.